Lentil Balls Recipe | A Healthy & Complete Meal Idea! 😍 It’s VEGAN, Bugdet-Friendly and SO Easy!
CHECK OUT OUR ETSY SHOP: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Refikadan
►SUBSCRIBE ► ►► https://bit.ly/38QQ03R
►CHECK OUT OUR TURKISH CHANNEL ► ►► https://bit.ly/2EJ0NU3
►CHECK OUT OUR TURKISH VIDEOS W/ ENGLISH SUBTITLES ► ►► https://bit.ly/2G62xHD
►Our Etsy Store for International Shopping: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Refikadan
►Our Amazon Store for UK Shopping: https://amzn.to/2STqQzz
►Uluslararası Alışverişler İçin Etsy Sayfamız: https://etsy.me/32ShQwL
►To subscribe our Turkish channel: http://bit.ly/RefikaninYemekOkulu
To follow what is happening in our kitchen and cooking school;
►The handcraft products that we use in our kitchen: https://goo.gl/0aKsMW
LENTIL BALL / LENTIL KÖFTE
Cooking time: 30 dk
Prep time: 10 dk
2 cups red lentils
4 cups of water, 1 L
1 cup fine bulghur
2 onions, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons red pepper paste
1 bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
¾ cup olive oil, 2,82 oz or 80 g
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoon salt, according to saltness of the pastes
• Rinse the lentils, transfer them in a pot. Add the water and 1 pinch of salt, let them boil for 20-25 minutes on medium heat. Don’t forget to close the lid and mix time to time.
• When the lentils are all cooked and look like a thick soup, turn the heat off. Open the lid and wait for 5 minutes for the first heat to come out.
• Add the bulghur into the cooked lentils and mix, close the lid again wait for 10-15 minutes.
• While the bulghur absorbing water, pour 3 tablespoon of olive oil, onions and a pinch of salt in a pan on high heat. Sautee them until the onions get softer and a little caramelized. Add the tomato and pepper paste, cook them like 3-4 minutes and turn the heat off.
• When bulghur-lentil mixture and onion-pastes mixture get cooler, mix them in a tray. Add cumin, black pepper and salt and knead them until they all mix well. Add rest of the olive oil and knead again.
• Add spring onions and knead until their edgy taste gets lighter. Then add the parsley. Knead a bit more to all ingredients mixed well.
• For the traditional serving style grab lime size pieces, place inside your palm and squeeze gently to give the hand shape. To shape easier wet your hands time to time.
• You can also serve lentil köfte as a big ball, and let your guests take their own squeezes. Or you can make small balls and cover them with some sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, poppy seeds or parsley. In another option you can shallow fry your lentil köftes.
• Serve your lentil köfte which is the best vegan treat with lemon slices and some lettuce leaves.