Current Obsessions: Summer Respite
Ahead this weekend: Join us for a Remodelista in Maine book signing, plus a summery cocktail recipe and more.
- Annie will be at Camden Art Walks next Thursday, July 21, signing copies of Remodelista in Maine. Stop by Jessie Tobias Design – The Shop, 24 Bayview Street Camden, ME, from 5-7 p.m. to pick up a copy or say hello; more info here.
- News from Paris: Hélène Pinaud and Julien Schwartzmann of architecture studio Heju collaborated with various painters, ceramic artists, and other creatives to come up with Matières [Materials], a collection of furniture and objects currently on view at Virginie Lesage Gallery in Paris. Take a look at the collection on the Heju site (and in French on the gallery’s site, too).
- On the market: Livingston Manor Fly Fishing Club, the very first project of the Homestedt crew. (See our post on their rental cottages: Two Catskills Cabins by a Nature-Minded Design Couple.)
- We previously reported on Hare’s Tale Printing, and our admiration continues: Take a look at their newest hand-block-printed collection.
- Enter this summery giveaway for a chance to win wares (from Hawkins New York, Morrow Soft Goods, Brightland, and more).
- Now open: Tonchin Brooklyn. (See our post on the original location: Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark: 9 Design Ideas to Steal from NYC’s Best-Looking New Ramen Restaurant.)
- Blu Dot does bedding.
- Object of desire: a watertight linen bucket for the garden.
- Workstead will be at Tiina the Store in Amagansett July 29; stay tuned for more info.
- A modern LA gem, complete with cactus fence.
- And what we’re drinking this weekend: a summer cocktail starring homemade elderberry syrup.