Current Obsessions: In the Spring of Things
This weekend, Remodelista editors are taking note of uncommonly beautiful ice cream bowls—plus, the countdown begins for our new book, Remodelista in Maine.
Take a look.
- Our new book, Remodelista in Maine: A Design Lover’s Guide to Inspired, Down-to-Earth Style, comes out in a little over a week. Keep an eye on our Instagram feed for glimpses of the Maine houses and ideas featured in its pages, like this architect-designed screen porch on an island and a clever alternative to curtains for keeping out summer sun. In the meantime, pre-order your copy via these retailers or wherever books are sold.
- The Future Perfect presents: The Past Perfect, a new collection of vintage furniture and objects.
- On May 25th from 5-8 p.m., stop by Marlow & Sons in Brooklyn for an evening to celebrate Workstead: Interiors of Beauty and Necessity, with a signing, food and drink, and florals by Fox Fodder Farm. RSVP to [email protected]; more info here.
- On view at Galerie Michael Bargo in NYC, presented by Tiwa Select: “Vetro Alga” (“seaweed glass”), glass objects by Dana Arbib, on view May 14-18.
- Admiring these colorful glass gelato bowls, a collab between The River Cafe in London and Venice-based Yali Glass (subject of our Taking Shape feature this week). Also available? Gelato spoons.
- Timber House, a condo in Park Slope, is New York City’s “largest mass-timber building.”
- A (virtual) weekend walk through an Arts and Crafts garden in the Cotswolds.
- And coveting, for outdoor living this summer: Business & Pleasure umbrellas.